Thought you might be getting tired of cold snowy pictures.
This is the lake I used to walk around where I used to live.
☁ ☁ ☀ ☃Though the snow had stopped by morning it was just much too cold with a temperature of minus 5 to go outside for my morning walk so once again I had to make do with walking inside.
We did see the sun for just a few minutes and then it clouded up and in the afternoon back came the snow.
Some more needle points I made. All four seasons this time.
I finished reading Voyager, the third in the Outlander series, all 870 pages of it. I love this series, it is just one adventure after another and the end of the book left me wishing I had the next one so I could continue. I'm borrowing the books one at a time from my friend Sherry and she just happened to call and I told her I was ready for book number 4.
Just hanging around home today doing this and that around the house and keeping busy with reading, sewing squares, and working on the puzzle.
Hope your having a happy day.
happyone : )
☃ ☃ ☃ ☃Henny Penny asked yesterday if I could teach her how to be happy all the time. : ) I get asked that question often. That or why are you happy? or are you really happy all the time?
I don't know if I can teach any one HOW to be happy but yes, I am happy most of the time. Oh I can get grouchy every once in a while but it doesn't last long. Just ask Ken or anyone who knows me well.
Some reasons why I'm happy. Maybe this will help answer that question.
- Each morning I wake up and think of the day as a gift from God.
- I start out the day being thankful. You can always find something to be thankful for. When you are thankful it is easy to be happy. Take the weather, even if you don't like the cold and snow, you can be thankful for a warm house.
- Don't take the simple things in life for granted. Take time to stop and look at things around you. Keep that childhood wonder about things. Enjoy the snow, sunshine, swinging on swings, walking, and anything else that makes you smile.
- I am an optimist - I always try to find the good in each situation.
- There is always someone else worse or better off than you are. Don't compare yourself to others. Saying I'd be happy if I had a bigger house, more money, or anything else just doesn't work. You are already living someones 'if only.'
- Being content with what I have. I have EVERYTHING I NEED. Sure there are things I WANT but I concentrate on the things I already do have.
- Doing things for others. Think what can you do for others instead of what they can do for you.
- The one thing that makes all the above possible for me is that I put GOD first before anything or anyone else. I know Jesus loves and cares for me and I put my life in his hands. He gives me joy and I know that no matter what happens to me in this life I can get through it because of Him. : ) Somehow putting God first, the other things just seem to fall in place. : )
happyone : )