Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 21, 2017

Monday

🌽     🌽
64 degrees this morning and sunny when I went for my walk.
Walked a town route which starts on the roads behind my house,
through town and down towards HT, around both cemeteries and
up a down some town streets.

Walked around one of the cemeteries a couple times with Kathy.

Saw a lot of rabbits as I always do but saw a couple of deer out by the
cornfields as well.

These pretty black-eyed Susan's are in the garden at the day care center.
Nothing like an early morning walk to start the day.
Walked 6.2 miles
🚶     🚶
Got a couple loads of laundry done and hung out on the line.
Made some more cucumber salad with cucumbers from the garden.
I'm getting a bit tired of eating cucumbers but not Ken so the salad is for him.

Finished up the latest baby blanket the other day.

We sat outside on the swing under the tree during the eclipse.
Not much to see in my neck of the woods.  The sun just dimmed a bit.

Stayed around home all day.
It was a good day. 😊
A happy day to you.
happyone  💗

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think,
all the walks I want to take,
all the book I want to read
and all the friends I want to see."
~ John Burroughs

15 comments:

Pom Pom said...

It got darker here but that's it. We didn't use glasses and stare. For some reason we haven't seen many rabbits lately. I wonder why.

Tom said...

...I was coming back from Vermont late this morning, the eclipse was underwhelming.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

It's so good that you have a choice of interesting walks to take. It must be so uplifting to see all the wildlife xx

Rose said...

That weave it blanket is looking good! I am wondering what your cucumber salad is like...will google that just to see what turns up if I can remember!

We had cloud cover come in and completely covered the sun, it did get dimmer...but that was about it.

ellen b said...

Looks like a beautiful day for a walk. We did enjoy a 90% eclipse here. I was most happy to catch photos of the eclipse shadows.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love,love,love those Black-eyed Susans.

Connie said...

I would love to live close enough to walk with you in the mornings. I might not make the 6 miles that you average, but I could do half :)

Christine said...

That was a perfect temperature for your walk! Love the black eyed susans!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it was mostly cloudy here during the eclipse. I love the pretty Black-eyed Susans. The blanket is beautiful. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

R's Rue said...

Love.

Happy@Home said...

Pretty shot of the Black-Eyed Susans. I am still enjoying mine here too.
I like the colors and pattern on your most recent baby blanket.
We were expecting more darkness during the eclipse. Kind of a disappointment after all the hype.

Sue said...

Your day sounds perfect! I love to sit in a swing with my Dh,especially late at night, when the animals are all settling down!
have a blessed evening.
Sue

Henny Penny said...

The black-eyed susans are so pretty! Your days seem so easy-going and enjoyable, even when you are working. Must be your happiness that makes the days good.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the Black-Eyed Susans.
Watched the eclipse on TV, quite an event wasn't it.

All the best Jan

Sandi said...

Lovely photos!

I feel like I went on the walk with you.

The yellow, green, and white combination reminds me of some shoes I had as a child. They made me run fast.