Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 02, 2017

A toothpaste clean

Up at Happy Trails

🍁     🍂     🍁
When I walked this morning it was 42 degrees and once the sun came up
it stayed out and was a nice sunny day.

 Dropped off a book at the library and then had a random walk 
all over town.

Saw the heron again, this time in the little stream behind the ball park
loop.  He flew away though before I had a chance to take his picture.

Walked with Cathy around one of the cemeteries a couple of times.

Found 2 pennies
Walked 6.2 miles
🍁     🍂     🍁
Got the sheets washed and hung out on the line first thing this morning.
Then tackled cleaning the bathroom.
I've tried everything I can think of to clean the bottom of the fiberglass 
shower.  The bottom has a non slip surface and just doesn't look clean.

I was scrubbing away this morning with the latest remedy and again it just
wasn't working.  Ken came over to see what I was doing and asked if I'd ever
tried toothpaste.  No, I didn't, so I gave it a try.
We use Colgate and every time we go to the dentist they give us a couple little
tubes of Crest that I just put in the drawer so I used one of them 
for cleaning.  Well let me tell you, it worked like a charm.  I squeezed some
on to a brush and scrubbed and wow a nice looking like new shower bottom.
Here some tubes sit on the bottom of a nice clean shower.
And it smells nice and minty too.
Ken suggest the toothpaste because that is what he used to use to 
clean the white piping on his dress blues when he was in the Navy.

After lunch we went up to Happy Trails to the building site.
The blocks have all be filled with concrete and we have a nice sturdy foundation.
The inspector came and approved the work.
Here Ronnie and Paul are putting the plate on the foundation.
Just got that finished and the crane came to put the floor joists on the building.
Amazing watching John work that crane.
Tomorrow the joists will get put in place.
Stone has been put all around the foundation.  That is not quite finished yet. 
More of that will get done tomorrow.
Cooked supper (tacos), cleaned that up finished my cleaning for the day
and now it's time for relaxing.
Reading
Knitting
Watching Netlix
Eating Ice Cream
Life is Good
A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈
"God sends the dawn
that we might see
the might-have-beens
that still might be."
~Robert Brault

15 comments:

ellen b said...

Ha! Well how great that the toothpaste did the trick. I know we used toothpaste once to clean a stain on a wood coffee table and it worked for that. Now I'm craving tacos!

Adam said...

Magic eraser is also good I've found

M.K. said...

I'm amazed at how fast your home is going up! Floor joints already! Somewhere recently I heard (on a movie, maybe? Advertisement?) of a lady trying to get her teeth very white, and nothing worked, and then a friend said, "Have you tried using Vim?" (It's a cleaning solution in England, I think.) So she tried it, and it worked beautifully. Made me think of your shower story :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've used toothpaste on my silver jewelry to give it a little shine. Hope it helps you with the cleaning. The house is really coming along! Enjoy your evening! Hugs, Diane

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hmmmm,I had never thought of using toothpaste to clean the tub. I must give that a try.My tub is old and the bottom is roughs this just might work.

Tom said...

...now the framing should go quickly.

The Furry Gnome said...

Those floor joists are really interesting. I've never seen construction like that. I might just try the toothpast trick.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I have to remember that toothpaste trick. Your new place is really coming along, the floor joists are neat. It is amazing how quickly houses can be built nowadays. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and the week ahead!

R's Rue said...

Love.

Snow said...

Can't wait to try the toothpaste on my shower floor!

Lisa said...

Im going to have to try the toothpaste trick. Baking soda works and also magic erasers. The toothpaste would smell better though. Thanks for the idea!
Lisa

Debby Ray said...

I also have used toothpaste on my jewelry for years but never thought to use it for cleaning the tub or shower...I will definitely remember that cleaning tip! It must be exciting for you to see so much getting done on your place...what a beautiful setting and looking forward to watching the progress!

Christine said...

Now I will have to try toothpaste on the sealant which is stained in our shower.
So exciting to see the progress at HT!

Henny Penny said...

Well me too! I'm going to try the toothpaste. I love that first picture. I cannot resist picking goldenrod flowers.

Sandi said...

Who would have thought of toothpaste!