Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 20, 2017

Walk, seeds, pizza, and books

๐ŸŽƒ     ๐ŸŽƒ     ๐ŸŽƒ
52 degrees and sun rise was at 7:33 this morning.  
One of those random walks around town for me today.
After a couple of miles I ran into Cathy and walked a couple of miles with her.

The Rolling Bakery bakes donuts on Wed, Fri, and Sat and they
sure smell good!!  The other morning  when Ken was up at the building site
one of the concrete guys bought a dozen and Ken had one.  He said
they were better than Krispy Creme.  I have yet to try one.

There have been a few businesses in this building but they never last long.
There was a bar and a cafe while we have been here and most of the
time the building has sat empty.  Just heard today that another business
will be making an attempt.  This time a PIZZA place.  Sounds like a great
idea to me.  Sure hope they make a good pizza and it works out for them.
Walked 6.2 miles
๐ŸŽƒ     ๐ŸŽƒ     ๐ŸŽƒ
I took the seeds from the biggest sunflower that grew in the yard this
year and put them in a baggie.  Next year I'll plant them at the new house.
 Ken went to Lowe's and bought a few pieces of trim and some white paneling
to put in the cabin by the kitchen area.  Then we went up to the cabin
and dropped them off.  Stopped for a quick look at the house site.  The
laundry room wall was going up when we were there.

Came home for lunch.
Ken went back up to the house while I walked to the library.
I mentioned that I was reading The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne
that was on my to read shelf at home but the print is so very tiny.
I though if they had a copy at the library the print would be bigger.
No copies at all at the library but I did put it on reserve and
should have it on Monday.
While there I got out books 3 and 4 of the Mitford Series and started
These High, Green Hills.
Now I'm reading four books at the same time.

Cut down more dead flowers this afternoon.
This time the cone flowers in front of the dining room windows.

Another beautiful sunny day in the high 60's and tomorrow
is to be just the same.

Life is Good
A smile from me to you.
happyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

"The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise.
It is not that we seize them,
but that they seize us."
~ Ashley Montagu

15 comments:

Sandi said...

Your there could be here, it looks so similar! So I clicked on tabs at the top to read more. You live in MD? Not sure why, but I thought you were very faraway! You’re not. I’m in NC. :)

Adam said...

Jules Verne was ahead of his time

Blogoratti said...

Life is good indeed, and such a lovely walk that must have been. I see you changed your background to reflect the change of season perhaps? Warm greetings.

Tom said...

...it's hard to run a small business these days.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful colours in your first photograph.
I think it's lovely that you have taken the seeds from the biggest sunflower that grew in your yard this year to plant them at the new house.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

The first picture is stunning. I sure hope that pizza shop can make it work in that building.

M.K. said...

That bakery sounds wonderful. We don't have a single place in our entire county where we can buy a fresh-baked donut. And no Krispy Kreme within ... I don't even know how far. A few hours? It's mighty sad. Enjoy those donuts!! I hope the pizza is yummy too.

Jagoda Smith said...

Beautiful pictures. I like Jules Verne too. I read him long, long time ago; maybe it's time for me to revisit the center of the earth with him again.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the colors and trees on the first photo are beautiful. The bakery and donuts sound great, it would not be good to have this too closeby my hubby. The temptation is too much. Your sunflower looks huge. I hope both the bakery and pizza places do great. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like you're having the same niceweather that we are - so far!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

You've almost got a laundry room...YAY! Hope the pizza place makes a go of it. Of course, that means you have to go there often to help them out. No customers equals no restaurant! Your first picture is beautiful. I sang Take Me Home Country Roads when I saw it.

Pom Pom said...

I hope the pizza place makes good pizza! You must eat donuts from the bakery on a regular basis so they can stay open (just kidding - one can only eat so many donuts because they make people feel like lying down!)

Sue said...

I usually am reading several books at a time, too! I hope the pizza place has much success, I know how hard it is starting a new business.
Always enjoy your walk, have a blessed weekend.
Sue

Christine said...

Lovely light on the trees this time of year!
Better than Krispy Kremes! Now those donuts must be amazing!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

What a great idea with the sun flower seeds!
I do love krispy creme donuts though I only have them on very special occasions!
I can only really read 1 book at a time. I'm sure I would get confused with all the plots!
Have a marvellous Thursday :)