Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 02, 2017

An afternoon at HT

πŸ„     πŸ„
Was up and out at 6:30 walking this morning and walked 6 miles.
Sunrise was 7:20.
29 degrees, very still and mostly cloudy.
As you might imagine it was quiet around town on a Saturday morning.

Started my walk on the streets behind my house.
Walked through town and up Sale Barn and then toward Happy Trails.
Back to town around both cemeteries, through town again
and home.
The geese gone again.  Wonder where they go the days they aren't here.
Saw two rabbits.  It was mostly dark yet when I saw them and their
little white cotton tails really stand out.

Great to be out walking this morning.
πŸŽ„     πŸŽ„
The three of us went up to Happy Trails today.
Got a fire going again and got more brush and tree stumps burned.
Walked all over the trails giving David a tour of the land.
He is quite an avid hiker and walker so really enjoyed being there.
(he walks circles around me!!)

That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

"You can give without loving,
but you can never love without giving."
~unknown

14 comments:

Inger said...

Love the blue backgrounds for a wintry feel. Great pictures as always.

CountryMum said...

It looks like a brisk morning for walking. I guess winter is now upon you... and summer on us.

Christine said...

Yes, what a beautiful morning to be out walking!

Tom said...

...both images are fabulous.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That snowy scene sure looks beautiful and cold! But I know you enjoy your brisk walks. Love the quote you ended with today! Hugs!

The Furry Gnome said...

A day at Happy Trails would suit me just fine!

ellen b said...

Well...I would never walk circles around you!

Rose said...

I so love both images, and I love burning brush!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely start to your day. The farm scene and sky are pretty. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

Henny Penny said...

I would love to have been with you up at HT burning brush. That is one of my favorite things to do. We had many months of that when we bought our little piece of land and built the cabin. I love your pictures. It looks cold!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

I can’t imagine someone being able to walk circles round you! Enjoy your Sunday xx

happyone said...

No snow, just frost.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Beautiful images. Have a wonderful new week :)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

You are so diligent with your walking! I go through streaks. :)
hugs,
Jann